RacingWhen skiing and snowboarding is not enough
Connecticut Ski Council Clubs race every Monday night at 7:30 PM at Mount Southington. The minimum age to race is 18. Skiers who are 20, 40 and even 80 years old race for the competition, camaraderie and excitement.
There is no racing experience necessary. It is all about having fun. While racing, you can improve your skiing skills and get valuable coaching advice.
The format is a double course giant slalom with skiiers racing the best of two runs.
The New Britain Falcons do not have many racers, but this is where you come in! We invite you to take part in the fun and represent our club. Take advantage of the opportunity to meet new people and improve your skiing skills.
Our goal is to create a team of 12 to participate in the weekly competition and help represent and promote our club.
To be eligible, you must be a member of one of the Connecituct Ski Council clubs which New Britain Falcons are.
How Does It Work?
- Purchase race ticket in the “Lessons & Night Racing” office (door to left of ticket window)
- Go to “Mountain Room” on the second floor of the restaurant/bar to register and get a bib number between 5:30 PM to 7:15 PM
- Write your name next to your bib number on the roster on the back wall
- Race starts at 7:30 PM with randomly selected bib number
- Each racer gets two runs
- Return bib number after your second run
- $31 – Race ticket
- $17 – Race ticket for season holders and seniors
- $?? – NASTAR timed racing (optional)
All New Britain Falcons Ski Club members will be reimbursed $15 for each race by the club.
NASTAR account is required to keep track of all your racing times and to associate you with the club.
Go to NASTAR registration and fill in all required information. In “Create or Join a Team” section, select “New Britain Falcons” under the “Club Team” drop-down. (It is a long list sorted alphabetically keeps scolling until you get to “N”).
We would love to hear from you!
If you have any questions about New Britain Falcons Ski Club, please reach out to us.